- Artwork must have been completed within the past two years.
- No artwork previously shown at the Senior Center will be accepted.
- Artist must be 55 years of age or older at the time artwork was created.
- Artwork must be original.
- All artwork must be framed.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements and would like to enter artwork in the Art Show, please bring your pieces to the Senior Center from June 11th – June 15th.
- Limit of 4 pieces of artwork per medium accepted.
- Please label your artwork on the back with your name, medium, and title of the piece.
Show ends at 11:00 a.m. on Monday June 25th
Winner in each category goes on to the Regional Art Show, which will be held at the Southeast Healthy Living Expo at Norwich Tech on July 14th.
Any Member of the Rose City Senior Center may Submit Artwork.
A. Oil A. Pastel
B. Acrylic B. Charcoal
C. Watercolor C. Pen, Ink or pencil
B. Black and White Quilting*
. Collage/Mixed Media
*Quilting is for the Senior Center Art Show only. The Regional Art Show does not include this category
Fee: $95 Ongoing
Contact Hilary at 860-889-5960.
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Rain Date: Sunday, May 13th
It’s time for our annual Community Yard Sale!
Our parking lot will become one giant multi-seller yard sale with LOTS of items for sale.
Be sure to stop by and shop for your next “treasure”!
Have items to sell? Rent a space for $20 (10’ x 20’) or $30 (20’ x 20’).
We are also looking for volunteers to help at the event and donations for the Senior Center yard sale table.
Cost: $4 per week or $3 per week paid in advance
This is a balanced class for strengthening, stretching, meditative focus and overall vitality. The poses and movements are done in sitting, lying and standing. Poses can be modified so that all participants can make the class work for what they need. This class is a floor based exercise class. Please bring a yoga mat with you.
Time: 9:00am- 12:00pm (Only)
PLEASE DO NOT bring in any yard sale donations at any other time.
If you have any clean and gently used items that you would like to donate, please bring them to the Senior Center at the above dates and times only. Items donated to the Senior Center will be sold at the Community Yard Sale with the profits used towards programs and events.
NO large furniture pieces, NO exercise equipment and NO books accepted. If you have any questions about your donation, please call Hilary before you bring them over (860) 889-5960.
Want to rent a space to sell your own items? See Insert for more information.