Applications for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program are being taken at the New London office of TVCCA. Appointments are required. Please call 860-444-0006. The
Senior Center office will assist the Senior and Disabled population of East Lyme with their
applications. You must call the Senior Center office to obtain your appointment. Appointments will be made at Twin Haven and the AHEPA housing complexes for those residents. Watch for notices.
To be eligible:
- In a one-person household, income can be NO greater than $36,171. In a two-person household, income can be NO greater than $47,300.
- If you are a renter, the first $12,000.00 in liquid assets is disregarded. Any amount over that limit, when added to the annual gross income must be below the income guidelines.
- If you are a homeowner, the first $15,000.00 in liquid assets is disregarded. Any amount over that limit, when added to the annual gross income must be below the income guidelines.
The application process should take about 15 minutes. The following information is required:
- Proof of income sources: copy of most recent monthly (quarterly, annual) check or copy of an award letter or copy of most recent bank statement showing the direct deposit. If you are employed you must provide a copy of your four most recent consecutive pay stubs.
- Dividends, annuities or interest income (has to be more than $10/month). Copy of a statement for the most recently completed period.
- Proof of what you pay for rent. In addition, the name, address and telephone number of your landlord is required. If you are a homeowner and pay a mortgage, you must provide proof of your mortgage payment.
- If you have a checking and/or savings account, you must bring in the most recent ENTIRE statement.
- If natural gas or electricity heats the household, bring in the most recent ENTIRE statement.
Please remember all members of the household who receive income must report their income.