Applications for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program are being taken at the New London office of TVCCA. This year, due to the COVID pandemic, phone applications will be processed by TVCCA. In order to set up a phone appointment with TVCCA, you will need to call 860-425-6681. They will provide you with further details.
The Senior Center will assist the Senior and Disabled population of East Lyme with their applications. Please call the Senior Center at 860-739-5859 for instructions on how your application will be processed. For residents who reside in Twin Haven and the AHEPA housing complexes, letters will be sent to you with your instructions.
To be eligible:
- In a one-person household, income can be NO greater than $36,645. In a two-person household, income can be NO greater than $49,228.
- If you are a renter, the first $12,000.00 in liquid assets is disregarded. Any amount over that limit, when added to the annual gross income must be below the income guidelines.
- If you are a homeowner, the first $15,000.00 in liquid assets is disregarded. Any amount over that limit, when added to the annual gross income must be below the income guidelines.
The following information is required:
- Proof of income sources: copy of most recent monthly (quarterly, annual) check or copy of an award letter or copy of most recent bank statement showing the direct deposit. If you are employed you must provide a copy of your four most recent consecutive pay stubs.
- Dividends, annuities or interest income (has to be more than $10/month). Copy of a statement for the most recently completed period.
- Proof of what you pay for rent. In addition, the name, address and telephone number of your landlord is required. If you are a homeowner and pay a mortgage, you must provide proof of your mortgage payment.
- If you have a checking and/or savings account, you must bring in the most recent ENTIRE statement.
- If natural gas or electricity heats the household, bring in the most recent ENTIRE statement.
Please remember all members of the household who receive income must report their income.