This period can be used by a person who has an active Medicare Advantage Plan as of 1/1/2022.
During this Open Enrollment Period (OEP), January 1st – March 31st, a beneficiary can:
• Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage) to
another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage);
• Leave the Medicare Advantage Plan and return to Original Medicare by selecting a prescription drug plan
What beneficiaries cannot do:
• Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan;
• Join a Medicare Part D Plan;
• Or switch from a Medicare Part D Plan to another Medicare Part D Plan.
The change can only be used once during the OEP. The new plan become
effective the first of the month after the plan receives your request. Call the
Senior Center office at 860-739-5859 if you require assistance.