- Call us at 860-464-0478 to schedule all transportation requests.
- All reservations for transportation must be made at least 48 hours in advance by calling the office between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. and talking to a staff person.
- The Senior Center is currently only transporting patrons to medical appointments on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays and to either Stop & Shop or Walmart on Fridays.
- All individuals using our transportation must complete an annual transportation form. A wheelchair lift is available. Please be aware that the Senior Center does not provide assistance to and from the vehicle. Persons must be able to: travel without assistance, wait outside for 10 minutes, climb three 12-inch steps or use the wheelchair lift.
- Requests for transportation giving less than 48 hours’ notice will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Drivers cannot schedule appointments. Round trip suggested donations are $1.00 within Ledyard and Gales Ferry and $2.00 for out of town. We provide transportation to Sub Base medical appointments and the pharmacy for people with a Military/Base I.D. Driver routes are planned in advance. Unscheduled stops and pick-ups are not permitted. Please refrain from requesting any impromptu stops.
Call senior center for more information.
The Senior Center is currently offering grocery shopping to either the Groton Stop and Shop or the Gorton Walmart on Fridays. You can call the Senior Center office at 860-464-0478 to ask for a ride to go grocery shopping on Fridays.
- Medical appointments are only Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30am-2:30pm.
- Call us at 860-464-0478 to schedule a medical appointment ride, all reservations for transportation must be made at least 48 hours in advance. They are made at a first come first basis.
- The Senior Center cannot provide rides home from a medical appointment/procedure that involves general anesthetics. We service Ledyard, Gales Ferry, New London, Groton, Mystic, Waterford, Norwich. Call for details.
Dial a Ride
Contact senior center for more information.
- Are you in need of rides to doctor’s appointments and medical tests? If so you may be eligible for the services of Eastern Connecticut Transportation Consortium, Inc., a private non-profit 501(c)3 agency whose purpose is to promote the coordination and consolidation of para-transit services for persons of low income, elderly, physically and mentally disabled individuals in Southeastern Connecticut. ECTC can be an additional means of transportation besides the Ledyard Senior Center if your appointments fall on days and times during the week that the Ledyard Senior Center does not do. Please call 860-464-0478 or ECTC 860-848-5910 or fax 860-848-5917 for further information. Their website is www.ectcinc.org.
- Caregiver Mileage Reimbursement and Dial-A-Ride Medical Transportation begins July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. The annual registration fee has been waived for this year. Please call 860-464-0478 to sign up or if you have questions.