- The center provides CURB to CURB.
- To make a reservation: Call 860-376-2329 as soon as you have your appointment.
- Appointments need to be between 10:15 am-11:00 am or 12:15 pm to 2:15 pm.
- Persons must wear a mask and have no symptoms of illness .
- Persons must be able to do activities of daily living independently.
- Travel 200 feet without assistance.
- Climb three 12 inch steps OR use a wheelchair lift.
- Please be aware that the senior center does not provide assistance to and from the vehicle. Lisbon Senior Center reserves the right to decline transportation services based on their current guidelines.
- Rides to Walmart are every Friday.
- Other stores are also accommodated upon request.
- Rides to pharmacy, bank, hairdresser/barber, to name a few, can be requested as well.
Doctor and Dentist appointments: Make your appointment between 10:30am to 11:00 -or- 12:15pm to 2:15pm
Please call 860-376-2329 as soon as you have your appointment
PLEASE NOTE: THIS SERVICE IS CONTINGENT ON AVAILABLE FUNDS.
Who qualifies for this program?
This program is open to individuals who reside in the above listed towns, meet the residency requirement described below:
To utilize the brokered rides portion of the service you must have completed a registration form, and have submitted the annual membership fee payable to your participating senior center or municipality. Individuals residing in: Private Homes; Retirement Living Facilities; Independent Living Facilities; Assisted Living Facilities; and Residential Care Homes are eligible for transportation under this program.
Individuals who reside in Skilled Nursing Facilities are not eligible for transportation through this program.
Individuals who are eligible for free transportation through Medicaid are asked to use that program instead.
If you wish to just access the Caregiver portion of the program you still must complete the registration but do not have to pay the membership fee.
What are the limitations of this program?
For the brokered rides – rides for are provided for medical appointments in New London County/Westerly, RI. Rides are contingent upon available funding.
Reservations must be made no later than 48 hours in advance but can be scheduled up to 2 weeks ahead. Trips can be scheduled during normal business hours. Requests for weekend & Monday trips must be made no later than Friday by 2 p.m.
Personal Care Attendants (or family member acting as an escort) may accompany passengers who need extra help with entering and exiting the vehicle or have other needs that make traveling independently unsafe.
In order to protect the health of others, passengers must be free from acute illnesses such as flu, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, and infections such as pneumonia.
What information should I have when calling to request a ride?
- Your complete name and address.
- The address of your destination and the physician’s name.
- The date and time of your appointment.
An estimated time that you will be picked up from your appointment to return home.
How does the Caregiver Mileage Reimbursement Program work?
The rider retains a volunteer driver (friend, neighbor, family member). The driver and rider must complete the “Request for Mileage Reimbursement” form.
Mileage is calculated by ECTC based on the shortest distance to the destination. The mileage from the caregiver’s home to the passenger going to the medical appointment is NOT included.
Form must include appointment date, start address, destination address, and must be signed and dated by client and driver after last trip has been entered on the form. Participants submit completed mileage reimbursement forms to their town senior center or town representative by the end of the month for processing.
When the form is submitted, the town representative reviews the form for accuracy and verifies the mailing address of the Caregiver. Town Representatives may perform audits to verify that the appointments did occur.
The Town Representative will sign and fax form to ECTC. ECTC will issue a check to the Caregiver for authorized trips performed.