- Be that trusted advisor/service/site/provider
- Strengthen existing customer relationships
- Identify real opportunities and shift accordingly
- pinpoint key priorities
- determine their brand and do extensive brand building so their company is easy to recognize
- Be ready for the recovery
- You cannot pay to put your name on a list to get the vaccine.
- You cannot pay to get early access to the vaccine.
- No one from Medicare or the Health Department with contact you.
- No one from a vaccine distribution site or health care payer, like a private insurance company, will call you asking for your Social Security number, or your credit card or bank account information to sign you up to get the vaccine.
- Beware of providers offering other products, treatments, or medicines to prevent the virus. Check with your health care provider before paying for or receiving any COVID-19-related treatment.
- If you get a call, text, email — or even someone knocking on your door — claiming they can get you early access to the vaccine, STOP. That’s a scam.
- Be wary of where you get your information on the vaccine. Avoid unsolicited communication. For reliable information:
- You can check out the State of Connecticut COVID-19 Response Website or
- You can read the latest Press Release from Governor Lamont on how the Vaccine will be released.
- See attached Public Service Announcement from the FBI, Office of Inspector General and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Marketing trends have been heading in new directions for a while but the COVID19 is really pushing that envelope into horizons we cannot even imagine. We currently are living, working, and shopping in ways we never dreamed of. And these new ways too will change quickly as we readjust to a whole new “normal” as we come out of this lockdown.
We will mourn the loss of many things, as we start consuming services and goods in different ways. We will be discovering what companies and businesses have survived. What new businesses have emerged.
Stopping for a coffee can be a good example. How many of us stopped daily for that great cup of Joe? Couldn’t live without it…. Until….. Our lives changed. The habit got broken because we were no longer leaving the house every day. The question becomes how many cups of coffee will that business sell as we all come out of this pandemic? Will the local shops even reopen?
Companies must adjust quickly if they plan to survive and be profitable over the next 5 years. Marketing trends have been heading in new directions for a while but the COVID19 is really pushing that envelope into horizons we cannot even imagine.
Trends show we will continue to hold virtual meetings which will become a more efficient use of time. We will socialize in every different ways. We have found we do not like social distancing so much. Clubs will pop up and memberships will increase. Facebook groups will evolve and start gathering in person. Established groups such as VFWs, The Elks, The Moose will attract new members. Senior Centers, the Y, Park n Rec and similar organizations will experience a surge in activity as people discover their new routines.
The public will spend months perhaps years looking for and discovering their new day to day habits. And when creating this new life, they will select the parts they liked and discard what they will not do again, and businesses need to be where the consumer can find them such as SeniorCenterCt.org. This collective site is trusted and contains trusted information. This cutting-edge resource is that place where users find what they are looking for, mark their calendars with activities and though clickable ads find services and products they are looking for. Plus, then can relay all this information to their family and friends.
Businesses need to:
And all businesses need to be very aware of the senior population. As a group they will be for the most part the least affected by all of this. For the most part their income will continue to be very stable. And they still will be purchasing and consuming at the rate they were.
Resources like SeniorCenterCt.org will grow in popularity as the senior population, their friends and families are looking to establish and get back their “new” ordinary lives.
We have many donated items available – free of charge.
First come first served: Walkers * Canes * Crutches * Raised Toilet Seats * Shower Seat
Call 860-376-2329 to inquire
The arrival of the COVID-19 vaccine has been announced and unfortunately scammers will use this as an opportunity to take advantage of people eager to get the vaccine. We don’t know what the scam will look like but it’s important people are aware that scammers are eager to knock on your door, call your phones, send you emails and pretty much contact you any way possible. The Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) will release specific information on known scams as they happen, but in the meantime remember these tips to help you avoid vaccine scams.
We are very excited to announce our new Senior Center mini bus! We now have an 8 passenger with a wheelchair lift vehicle available for rides for all Lisbon residents over 55.
Our new bus is ready to bring you to your doctor appointments, pharmacy, shopping, bank, hair salon and more.
Call us at 860-376-2329 for the details on our hours for rides.
If you are unable to leave your home you can start receiving Meals-on-Wheels. Contact TVCCA at 860-934-1006 to get set up