AARP foundation tax-aid provides free in-person, personal income tax preparation, with special attention to those age 50 and older. Starting in October 2023 the Groton AARP tax aid group is looking for a new site coordinator. The site coordinator implement program plans and ensures site compliance with the AARP tax aide program policies, and IRS quality site requirements.
- Duties include:
- Ensuring supplies needed for staff preparation at the site are available.
- Scheduling volunteer counselors
- Coordinating with Thrive 55+ for scheduling of clients.
- Ensuring all required policies and processes are in place and followed at the site
- Providing leadership and communication from AARP, leadership and local volunteers
- Qualification as tax counselor is desired, but not required
Expenses in mileage are reimbursed by AARP.
A specific position description is available upon request.
Apply by August 1, 2023 with a one page summary of your history, and one personal reference
For more information, please contact Keith at HKCovin@att.net