- An applicant or the spouse must be 65 or older; or be 100% disabled (per Social Security);
- Must have lived in Connecticut for 1 year.
- Total 2017 income which includes Social Security must not exceed:
- Thirty-five percent of the applicant’s annual rent must exceed 5% of the applicant’s income.
- In a one-person household, income can be NO greater than $34,366. In a two-person household, income can be NO greater than $44,941.
- If you are a renter, the first $12,000.00 in liquid assets is disregarded. Any amount over that limit, when added to the annual gross income must be below the income guidelines.
- If you are a homeowner, the first $15,000.00 in liquid assets is disregarded. Any amount over that limit, when added to the annual gross income must be below the income guidelines.
TAX RELIEF FOR ELDERLY AND TOTALLY DISABLED RENTERS
The Renter Rebate Program through the State of CT provides a rebate for renters who are elderly or disabled. Applications for the Renters Rebate Program are available starting April 1st and ending October 1st. Please call the Senior Center for an appointment. In order to receive a renter rebate:
or be 50 and a surviving spouse.
Proof of income received and rent and utility payments made in calendar year 2017 must be provided.
If you collect Social Security, you must provide your SSA1099 for 2017.
Please be advised that the fuel delivery authorization deadline for the CT Energy Assistance Program has been extended from Thursday, March 15th, 2018 to Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018.
Applications for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program are being taken at the New London office of TVCCA. Appointments are required. Please call 860-444-0006. The Senior Center office will assist the Senior and Disabled population of East Lyme with their applications. You must call the Senior Center
office to obtain your appointment. Documentation will be required in order to apply for this program. You can get information about what needs to be provided by calling the Senior Center office at 860-739-5859.
To be eligible:
Please remember all members of the household who receive income must report their income.
Have you ever wondered what the best free credit
report site is? Do you want to see how to get your
report? Come join us.
Call to register
Appointments begin on Wednesday, March 21st.
Massage Therapist: Cathy
30 Minute Appointments available from 10am to 12:30pm.
Call to sign up!