- What days and times?
- What types of classes?
- Replace one complaint with a compliment each day
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive through
- Use a meal donation service to give a friend a week off from kitchen duty
- Send a nice email or letter
- Impressed with someone’s work? Let his or her manager know
- Donate worn towels and blankets to an animal shelter
- Give up a prime parking spot in a crowded lot
- Smile– it’s contagious!
- Leave your server or barista a generous tip
- Tuck an encouraging note into a random book in the library
Wednesday, February 8th
Our friends at Preston Senior Center have offered their AARP free tax assistance to us.
Please call Fran at 860-887-5542 x104 for information and to sign up
We need your input!
Call and let us know!
We have an instructor who is certified in yoga, Pilates, balance/mobility, and much more!
10 Easy Acts of Kindness!
According to the Random Acts of Kindness foundation (RAK), performing just one act of kindness per day can reduce stress and anxiety- for you and the person you help. Kindness doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are 10 easy ways to start down a kinder path.
December 16th and 20th at 10:30am
The Department of Agriculture supports local farmers and provides fresh produce to low-income seniors. Vouchers are used to purchase fruits, vegetables, fresh cut herbs, honey, milk, and eggs from certified CT Grown Farms at designated farmer’s markets or farm stands July thru October.
Recipients must be 60 years or older AND have income at or less than 185% FPL AND have not received vouchers yet this summer
household of 1 = $2095 per month / $25,142 per year
household of 2 = $2823 per month / $33,874 per year
If you qualify, call 860-376-2329 to sign-up. You must pick them up in person on Wednesday July 13th from 10:00am-12:00pm