- In a one-person household, income can be NO greater than $36,645. In a two-person household, income can be NO greater than $49,228.
- If you are a renter, the first $12,000.00 in liquid assets is disregarded. Any amount over that limit, when added to the annual gross income must be below the income guidelines.
- If you are a homeowner, the first $15,000.00 in liquid assets is disregarded. Any amount over that limit, when added to the annual gross income must be below the income guidelines.
- Proof of income sources: copy of most recent monthly (quarterly, annual) check or copy of an award letter or copy of most recent bank statement showing the direct deposit. If you are employed you must provide a copy of your four most recent consecutive pay stubs.
- Dividends, annuities or interest income (has to be more than $10/month). Copy of a statement for the most recently completed period.
- Proof of what you pay for rent. In addition, the name, address and telephone number of your landlord is required. If you are a homeowner and pay a mortgage, you must provide proof of your mortgage payment.
- If you have a checking and/or savings account, you must bring in the most recent ENTIRE statement.
- If natural gas or electricity heats the household, bring in the most recent ENTIRE statement.
VNASC NURSE MANAGED FOOT CLINIC Thu, Sep 9th from 12:15pm to 3:45pm $10pp Routine foot care provided for a fee.
Appointment required. Payment due at time of service.
No diabetics please.
Starting Tuesday, August 3rd at 11:45am- TVCCA Lunches will be available every Tuesdays and Thursdays
TVCCA lunches will be available every Tuesday and Thursday at 11:45am for the month August.
Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance. Reservations are required.
Suggested donation is $2pp.
Thursday, August 11th at 1:00pm- Reflexology *By Appointment Only
Call senior center for appointment at 860-739-5859.
$5 fee required upon registration.
Reflexology is an ancient Chinese art that uses pressure point massage on feet, hands or ears to enhance the flow of energy in the body. The massage will be about 20 minutes which includes a foot soak.
ARE YOU A CAREGIVER FOR SOMEONE 65 OR OLDER?
Did you know you can get paid for taking care of a family member or friend?
You are eligible if:
¨ You are living in the same home as the person you care for
¨ The person you care for has or is eligible for CT Medicaid
¨ The person you care for requires help with some of the following activities on a daily basis:
Medication Supervision for a cognitive impairment
The Adult Family Living program is open to Connecticut residents statewide who are eligible for the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE) or the Personal Care Assistance (PCA) program. Care recipients must have both a functional and financial need for care.
ENERGY ASSISTANCE FOR 20/21 FALL&WINTER SEASON ***NOTE NEW DEADLINES***
Applications for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program are being taken at the New London office of TVCCA. This year, due to the COVID pandemic, phone applications will be processed by TVCCA. In order to set up a phone appointment with TVCCA, you will need to call 860-425-6681. They will provide you with further details.
The Senior Center will assist the Senior and Disabled population of East Lyme with their applications. Please call the Senior Center at 860-739-5859 for instructions on how your application will be processed. For residents who reside in Twin Haven and the AHEPA housing complexes, letters will be sent to you with your instructions.
To be eligible:
The following information is required:
Please remember all members of the household who receive income must report their income.